VACANCY FOR TWO PARISH COUNCILLORS
Could this be you?
Are you interested in serving your local community?
The Parish Council has two vacancies and are looking to recruit.
No special qualifications are required to be a councillor, only a shared enthusiasm to make a positive difference. It is important that people from different backgrounds and experiences serve as councillors ensuring all parts of the community are represented.
- Do you want to make a positive difference in our village?
- Would you like to influence decisions that affect your community?
- Could you represent the views of local people?
- Are you concerned about your local area?
- You need to be willing to give up some of your time – How much depends on you.
- Being a councillor is a voluntary, unpaid role.
The Parish Council meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month (except August and December) and normally last around 2 hours.
To become a Parish Councillor you must meet at least one of the four eligibility criteria:
- You must be on the electoral register for the parish OR
- Have lived in the parish or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of appointment OR
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of appointment has been in the parish OR
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day of appointment.
If you would like to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of Romsley and it’s surrounding area why not step forward and apply to fulfil this role.
If you have any questions or would like to apply and be considered then please contact Ruth Mullett, Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for nominations is 31st January 2024.
ENTHUSIASM IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EXPERIENCE