Social Media Security
The use of Social Media is on the rise. It is a fantastic tool for communicating with friends, sharing photos or catching up with people from the past. However there are many hidden dangers with its use. I have written the following information to help you to keep your information safe – I hope that you find this useful
David Powell – Councillor
Are you aware of the hidden dangers of Facebook and other Social Media? When does sharing on Facebook pose a risk to your security, social standing or job prospects?
- Will whatever you are sharing see your employer in a bad light?
- Are you openly criticising them?
- Are you in a job role where your post would be seen as inappropriate?
- Are you posting excessively while you should be working?
- Are there a lot of pictures on your page of you drunk/ acting inappropriately that a prospective employer might see?
- How does your post reflect on you?
- Would your family be comfortable with your post?
- Would your employer be OK with your post?
- Are you releasing any sensitive information which compromises your security
Below are 2 links to great articles on securing your account and some tips to protect you when using Social Media
We are not responsible for the content of any linked website and cannot take responsibility for the consequences of using the information or services on linked websites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time. A link to a third-party website does not imply endorsement