A meeting took place in the village last week between some representatives of both Hunnington and Romsley\’s Parish Councils and two representatives of West Mercia Police, namely Inspector Sarah Cotten, from the SNT( Safer Neighbourhoods Team) and local PC Tim Burling.
This was a very productive meeting and as a result several initiatives are being explored:
- A possible opportunity for all those residents who wish to have items of property marked with Smart Water.
- The setting up of a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
- A flyer in our PC Newsletter giving police advice on self-help measures.
- A mobile Police van will be in the village on December 12th , opposite the school ( 3.00pm- 7.00pm) and again on December 14th outside Snippet One(3.00pm-7.00pm). This will provide lots of information on the best ways to protect your home and property.
- An open meeting will be held at the St Kenelms Church Hall on the evening of 21st March with the Police and Community Action Team and again this will provide lots of opportunities to receive information and advice.