Skip to content

Local Services

Certain local services in Romsley are provided by other bodies, such as Bromsgrove District Council and Worcestershire County Council.

Bromsgrove District Council

The following services are provided by BDC:

  • Bins and recycling
  • Street cleaning
  • Certain aspects of roads and transport
  • Parking in Bromsgrove
  • Empty homes

More information on these services can be found on the Bromsgrove District Council website:

District Councillors

There are two district councillors elected to the Belbroughton and Romsley ward, who were last elected in 2023.

photo of Councillor K. J. May

Councillor K. J. May

Home: 01527 575836 (Evenings)

Home mobile: 07818 085140


Councillor S.T. Nockphoto of Councillor S.T. Nock

Home: 01384 575684

Home mobile: 07966138298


Worcestershire County Council

The following services are provided by WCC:

  • Births, Deaths, Marriages and Citizenship
  • Community, Volunteering and Act Local
  • Council, Democracy and Councillor Information
  • Health and Social Care
  • Libraries, Archive and Archaeology
  • Schools, Education and Learning
  • Support for Children and Families
  • Travel and Roads

More information on these services can be found on the Worcestershire County Council website:

County Councillor

There is one county councillor elected to the Clent Hills division, which encompasses Romsley, along with Belbroughton, Clent, Frankley, Hagley and Hunnington. They were last elected in 2021.

Councillor K. J. Mayphoto of Councillor K. J. May

Phone:  01527 575836

Mobile:  07818 085140

Bus. email:

Worcestershire Regulatory Services

Providing assistance and enforcement with issues such as Animal wardens, pest control, nuisance, licensing, pollution and health and safety, Worcestershire Regulatory Services provides a combined service across Worcestershire for certain areas that may normally be carried out by individual District or County councils.

For more information, please see their website:

Romsley Parish Council is here to assist you with any concerns related to the above areas. Whilst we may not be the main authority responsible for handling these issues, we are dedicated to helping you by making it easier for you to communicate with the relevant council department, or District or County councillor. This can be particularly helpful if you have encountered any challenges with the response or actions taken by the appropriate council. If this situation applies to you, please reach out to our Clerk as your first point of contact.

Additionally, many common issues (such as pot holes, abandoned vehicles and fly-tipping) can be reported online to the responsible council. Please visit their website for more information.